SciFi-Online
November 20, 2017, 05:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dusting Things Off  (Read 4811 times)
CX
Administrator

Head Honcho

« on: April 13, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »

Well, I've finally started the process of trying to catch up with everything and update all the things people have been working on.  It's a daunting task to say the least, all entirely my fault for letting things go by the wayside for so long.  I could say that it was purely a matter of being busy, but that wouldn't be entirely true.  A lot of it has been emotional, mainly that I just haven't really felt up to doing it anymore and I just let things set for a while.  I've decided that it's time for me to pick things back up again.

I already know it's cool with a few of you if I update GoF's archives with your work, and I know I already had a kind of lasting arrangement with a few people before the incident at TriS that made me upset enough to basically just leave in a huff.  Between that and the poor memory I tend to have, I have to admit that I've pretty much forgotten all but a couple of people who I had permission from to keep updating my archive with their work as they completed it and posted it elsewhere.  So basically I need a reminder from any of you who might be reading this.

Please take a look through the listings and see if there's anything new that I haven't added, and let me know what needs to be updated.  Any help I can get in getting GoF back on its feet again will be appreciated.  smile

CX
Administrator

Head Honcho

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:40:43 AM »

Well, I've started on this, in case anyone was wondering, and if you knew the right url you could find some of the stuff online already, but I've been holding off on updating the indexes or making any kind of announcement.  Basically I'd like to get it all done before I do that, which will make one huge update.  I might end up changing my mind on that, but I'm not sure yet.  All I know is that I have a lot of work ahead of me, so I hope you'll all bear with me.

CX
Administrator

Head Honcho

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »

Well, as much as I hate to leave things just as I was starting to get back to them, I'm moving home for the summer tomorrow and I'm probably not going to be doing much online over the summer.  My dad's iMac is the only thing with access to internet, and the uploader on there always seems to mess up my coding for my websites, so unless I get him to set up a hub so I can connect my own computer up to the internet, I doubt I'll even be doing any updating at all to any of my sites.

I was really hoping that I would have gotten an internship with the USDA again this summer in a town that was far enough away from home to basically require me to move there so I wouldn't have to work at home at all, but that didn't happen.  As tempted as I am then to find a job in Grand Forks and move into the second bedroom of a friend's apartment that would be available over the summer, I don't really have any time left to write up resumes and cover letters or to go to interviews, because I have to be out of the dorm tomorrow, and with finals and everything I just never had much time.  So basically I'm either going to end up working for my father at home again, or I'm going to be getting a job near home that I can commute to every day.  Undecided 

I'll probably be checking in here periodically over the summer, but I doubt I'll be able to do much.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: