SciFi-Online
September 24, 2017, 11:30:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Registration Shut Down  (Read 39099 times)
CX
Administrator

Head Honcho

« on: December 28, 2011, 03:31:48 AM »

Some of you may have noticed that it's no longer possible to register here.  I quietly closed registration a while back, and I haven't said anything until now because, let's face it, this isn't exactly a real happenin' place on teh interwebs.  It's true that I already had a system in place that caught most spambots when they registered and kept their accounts from being activated until I could look at them, but since I would regularly log on to find a large number of them, I kind of got tired dealing with all of that, even though it took me roughly 30 seconds to reject all of them and delete all of their accounts.  The thing is, I was getting a lot of repeat offenders, and I just didn't feel like dealing with them anymore.  So no more member registration is available, ever.

If you're an actual person who actually wants to become a member of this little corner of the web, you still can, however.  All you have to do is email me at otto_von_sitter[at]yahoo[dot]com (replacing [at] and [dot] with the appropriate symbols) and I can set up an account for you.

Spammers need not apply.   thumbup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: