SciFi-Online
November 20, 2017, 05:45:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Board themes  (Read 8480 times)
CX
Administrator

Head Honcho

« on: August 27, 2009, 12:41:41 PM »

Not so much the appearance right now, but things like the rank names and the like?  What kind of name themes would you like for me to work in here?

N734NJ
Table Planets Space Force Commander
The Table

Shirvani in a nutshell.

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:05:01 PM »

I am kind of in a Romulan mood, but it would be cool it we could choose the different rank names from different races. However, that is just my two cents. cloud9

CX
Administrator

Head Honcho

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:16:19 PM »

If I ever figure out how to do something with themes that might be a possibility.

Fiery Little One

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »

Personally, I don't really care what you pick, so long as the titles are pronounceable. The last time JD relaunched his messageboard, he was on a real Roman kick. I found half the terms he picked, based specifically on the Roman Legion, to be extremely difficult to say.

Open your mind to new possibilities
-Trip(sort of), The Crossing
Makaveli

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »

Hate to drag up an old thread but from what I know of SMF having theme specific ranks involves installing a mod on the forum... generally mods can be applied pretty easily, download them to your computer off the mod site and then it uploads and installs it directly from the cpanel. As for skinning SMF there are tons out there that are pretty cool but you can actually change up even the default theme pretty easily, let me know if you want so help if you decide to go for it... I've had some experience on the boards I've managed.
N734NJ
Table Planets Space Force Commander
The Table

Shirvani in a nutshell.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 12:48:58 AM »

I think one of the rank names should be "Carol Channing".

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: